Mixed Veggie Pasta
1/2 Red bell pepper
1/2 Yellow bell pepper
1/2 Orange bell pepper
1/2 cup grape tomatoes
1 small can of black olives
1 box of whole wheat/grain penne pasta
Crushed red pepper
Garlic salt (or if available to you, diced garlic cloves)
1. Bring 4 cups of water to a boil in a large pot.
2. After the water has reached boiling point, add in the full box of penne to the water along with 2 teaspoons of olive oil (so the pasta won’t stick).
3. Set the timer for 10 minutes.
4. Dice each of the bell peppers and eggplant. Slice the grape tomatoes in half.
5. At the 5 minute mark on your timer, in a separate pan, add in some olive oil (I’m sure you can use vegetable oil as well) to fry your veggies.
6. Add in all of the veggies that you have cut and also add in half of the can of olives. Put the flame on low and allow the veggies to simmer for the remaining 5 minutes.
7. For extra flavoring, add in with the veggies a couple pinches of crushed red pepper and garlic salt.
8. After the pasta is done boiling for the 10 minutes, and you have strained out the water, add as much pasta that will fit into your pan of veggies and allow everything to simmer together for an additional 2-4 minutes.
9. Your healthy and flavorful pasta is now ready to serve!
The dish is flavorful on its own and you may find you don’t want to add any other type of sauce. However, I find it to be tasty when I add Braggs Amino sauce (a low sodium soy sauce will also do the trick).
- hutchiness reblogged this from bekindgovegan
- loveatarian reblogged this from bekindgovegan
- bekindgovegan posted this